Virtual/Remote Services – Social Distancing – Covid19
This is a unique time. But it doesn’t affect the services we provide. We’re ahead of the game. We have been providing virtual and remote services for more than a decade. Many of our business clients are located throughout the United States, far from our office. In addition, many of our local business owners are very busy and haven’t always had time for in person meetings. In other words, we’re used to social distancing from our clients. You can direct us from the comfort and safety of your home or business, and we can safely handle everything from our office. There is no need to meet in the office unless you want to, in which case we are healthy and happy to meet with you.
In addition to offering all of our business legal services virtually/remotely, including setting up your corporation, LLC or partnership, or buying or selling a business, we can also remotely complete your estate plan. We’ve been doing this for years for clients that can’t find the time to visit our office. Here is how the process works:
- We obtain all of the information we need from you by phone, video conference or email.
- We prepare an initial draft of the documents, whether it’s your Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Organization, Asset Purchase Agreement, Trust or Will, and we email them to you for review.
- You review, we discuss, we make any changes you request and send you the revised documents.
- You review, approve and sign, and the transaction is complete! Most if not all business documents can be signed electronically.
- Here’s the catch for remote/virtual estate plans. California still requires traditional signatures for estate planning documents so you can’t electronically sign. But we have this figured out, too. We work with a mobile notary who takes all of the recommended precautions, including wearing a mask and gloves, and providing you with new pens and a fresh ink stamp. Since all of the documents you are signing have been approved in advance, signing is easy. The notary will have the final documents and will visit you at your home or office or any other convenient place, and you’ll sign all of the signature pages. The notary will return the signed documents to us.
- We’ll process the signed documents, send you an electronic copy for your records, and ship you the hard copy.
- We’re done! Estate planning finished! Forget about it until your kid makes you angry and it’s time to make some changes!